10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2016 10:13 PM by Samir Bihari RSS

    Field not found error while executing script

    Samir Bihari

      Dear Experts ,

       

      I am trying to extract SAP BW table data into qvd and also trying to store the data in qlikview table . I am using "QvSAPSqlConnector.exe" to connect to SAP BW tables . After being able to connect , I am selecting the table from the create select statement wizard and then able to preview the data successfully .

       

      But when I am trying to execute the automatically generated script , nothing happens and when I click on the "End Here" button it gives the fields not found error , whereas I am able to successfully preview the data . Below is the error msg :

       

      [/BIC/TZP_BRAND]:

      LOAD [/BIC/ZP_BRAND],

        TXTMD;

       

       

      SELECT [/BIC/ZP_BRAND],  // Brand

          TXTMD // Descript.

        

      FROM /BIC/TZP_BRAND;

      STORE * FROM [/BIC/TZP_BRAND] INTO _BIC_TZP_BRAND.qvd;

       

       

      Any pointers on how to solve this issue so the script can execute without any issue and can load the QVD and the table .

       

      Thanks

      Samir

        • Re: Field not found error while executing script
          Thomas Örnmarker

          Samir,

          To be able to see what's happening I would need to see the log file(s) for the execution. You can find them in the folder: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPSqlConnector\Log

           

          Regards,

          // Thomas

            • Re: Field not found error while executing script
              Samir Bihari

              Hi Thomas ,

               

              Just FYI : my database is SAP HANA and not Oracle.

               


              Attached is the log file.

               

              15:41:06,935 [1] - Configuring connector, arguments:00000000001707CA | \\.\pipe\00001DF4_0000336C_59EDAF71_062817B4.pip | /L

              15:41:07,095 [1] - Connector version:6.2.0+Build:02016.origin/release/6.2.0 Debug:False LogLevel:INFO ParentProcess:(Name:Qv.exe MajorVersion:12 MinorVersion:0 FileVersion:12.0.20001.0)

              15:41:07,215 [1] - Running server

              15:41:07,470 [1] - Command pipe connected...

              15:41:07,480 [1] - RECEIVED: QvxRequest {Command=QVX_GENERIC_COMMAND, Options={AllowPrompt=False, AutoCommit=False, ConnectTimeoutSec=, IsEmpty=True, LoginTimeoutSec=, Provider=, ReadOnly=False}}

              15:41:07,490 [1] - SENDING: QvxReply {Result=QVX_OK}

              15:41:07,500 [1] - RECEIVED: QvxRequest {Command=QVX_GENERIC_COMMAND, Options={AllowPrompt=False, AutoCommit=False, ConnectTimeoutSec=, IsEmpty=True, LoginTimeoutSec=, Provider=, ReadOnly=False}}

              15:41:07,500 [1] - SENDING: QvxReply {Result=QVX_OK}

            • Re: Field not found error while executing script
              Andrei Kaliahin

              Hi,

               

              You've mentioned that "nothing happens during script execution". How long is it? Have you seen "Connected to ...." string? Also check SqlSAPOLAPConnector log files... What's happening there?

               

              Hope this helps.

               

              /Andrei

                • Re: Field not found error while executing script
                  Samir Bihari

                  Hi Andrei ,

                   

                  There are around 8 records in the SAP BW table from where I want to extract the data. I have even waited for 1 hour 30 minutes but still its was processing . I don't see any "connecting to ...string" . As mentioned before when I click the end here button , it gives the field not found error .

                   

                  Also there is no log for SqlSAPOLAPConnector . I am using QvSqlSAP connector. Also , my database is SAP HANA and not Oracle.

                   

                   

                  Thanks

                  Samir

                • Re: Field not found error while executing script
                  Samir Bihari

                  Hi All ,

                   

                  The problem lied in the connection . I used a include statement where I saved the connection information and after it timeouts it is not able to connect I guess . When I am using custom connect and not using connection info saved in the notepad its fetching data .

                   

                  Any idea how can I save the connection info as notepad so that it works even after 2-3 days and fetch the data ?

                   

                  Thanks

                  Samir

                    • Re: Field not found error while executing script
                      Samir Bihari

                      Hi All ,

                       

                      Hi All ,

                       

                      The problem lied in the connection . I used an include statement where I saved the connection information and after it timeouts it is not able to connect I guess . When I am using custom connect and not using connection info saved in the notepad its fetching data .

                       

                      For the 2nd issue , the timeout settings were as increased and the issue was solved.