1. The only difference is the way the script is generated -- if you are not adjusting the script in the load editor, then there is no difference at all.
2. Check that the SQL query is not the problem. Check the query performance in another tool (such as Toad).
3. What would you be reporting? The expression editor will show errors for the missing fields and will not autocomplete them. And you would have no way of checking that the expression is correct.
Thanks a lot.
I select 16 dimension tables and 2 fact tables.Then i select add data option after 20 mins later i got error like
An error Occured. The app has beed closed.To continue working please refresh the app.
Now my question is if i select 18 tables then
1. Is it extract all tables data into local (Where my qvf files stored)
2. some tables dont have correct field names for joining, After data loading only i have to give join.
Now what can i do ?
When loading data from multiple tables like this, you generally cannot just dump the data into QS. Sense is not a relational database - it is an associative data model. The data needs to be adjusted to fit the requirements of a Sense model. This might involve renaming certain fields to avoid unwanted associations and not loading fields which are not required for your analysis.
If you have no idea how to do this, you may want to retain a consultant to get you going. Also make sure you have run through enough of the on-line tutorials and other on-line help resources.
And Sense loads and builds data in memory. Open the task manager and check memory use while loading the model. You may be running out of RAM.
Read some of this threads.
Note:- Better if you create the QVD maker first when you are using the SQL data load. First create the QVD from the tables and then use it for the data model.
As you said, what I understand is
1. You are loading all tables at one go. - This may have increased the load time, because Qlik by default makes linking between tables where ever it finds similar field name, so if there are multiple same field name in multiple table, then Qlik will create a synthetic table. So the unnecessary linking is increasing the load time.
2. You are using the Qlik Sense on your local machine. - This may restrict the data which can be loaded, because your machine RAM will be a constraint to load huge data.
The purpose of both is same i.e create a script which can load the data.
Add Data - This is used and helpful when you dont know about how to load the data. This will guide you through the wizard and generate the script for you.
Data Load Editor - This will take you directly to the place where script are written, this will be helpful when you want to write your own script.
As far as your data loading issue, there could be multiple reasons.
1. Data Size which you are trying to load.
2. The machine capability to handle the data (The machine from which you are loading the data) (Insufficient RAM and CPU)
3. Data Push capability of your database.
4. The network bandwidth.