3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2016 5:35 AM by a a RSS

QlikSense filter do the same between two computers

a a

Could anyone tell me why I clik one filter on one computer and the other computer do the same?

For example , when I choose "Decrease in Customers" on one computer , the other computer do it too

How can I avoid this?

• Re: QlikSense filter do the same between two computers
          Onno van Knotsenburg

Please do not flag your question as answered when it is not. By doing so, it will get a lot less attention (and the flag can not be removed).

Also please do not try to bump a topic that is in moderation queue. It will only make it take longer to show up as we have to look longer at it before we can approve it.

Kind regards,

Onno

Qlik Community Team member

• Re: QlikSense filter do the same between two computers
            Onno van Knotsenburg

To answer your question:

If you are logged in on both computers using the same account, they will share the same session. A session can be shared by up to 5 devices at the same time, so if you would open the same app also on your tablet and on your phone, you will notice that those also will respond the same, no matter where you make the selection.

This is not a bug, this is how it was intended so you can switch devices without having to make your selections all over again and you can just continue your analysis. So this is normal behavior.

The other way around, if the PC would not respond, it would mean you could bypass our license system by simply letting everyone in your organisation login with the same account.