cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to use different nprinting email sender

Hi, all,

I  have an issue to set the email of the sender in nprinting.

My client hope to use a specific sender from their own for report for their clients.

I tried following:

1. Change  "From" email from the "Message" tab as the email address client wants (clientsemail@client.com), which only change the display of the email address in the email, you can see really email address from the general "E-mail setting" following (ouremail@ourcompany.com) as below:

clientsemail@client.com <ouremail@ourcompany.com>

2. Change "File"->"Options"->E-mail settings -> Default sender E-mail address, to clientsemail@client.com , it dose not work neither.

Still show clientsemail@client.com <ouremail@ourcompany.com> in the email.

And if the mouse hover over on the clientsemail@client.com , it shows ouremail@ourcompany.com as well.

As our email address (user name and password ) used in the general E-mail settings use ouremail@ourcompany.com, I think this make sense.

So I am wondering, if I need MULTIPLE sender emails, how can I do that?

Thanks very much and have a good Friday

Zhihong

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, all,

We later find a mail solution called sendgrid which can be integrated as SMTP mail server in nprinting to send out the report with correct sender (will use the email address from "from" setting in the "message" in each task). It can use TLS and port 465. And it provide 12,000 free emails every month.  Thought it is not a perfect solution. It solved us the problem by now.

Thanks again and have a nice day!

Zhihong

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, all,

Any nprinting expert can help with this?

Thanks very much

avinashelite

I feel like its the normal behavior we can just mimic name of the sender just the name not the email address because the task is getting triggered in the Server and its taking the server email id as the source ...if you want the actual client email address instead of the name then the task needs to be triggered from the client server or from his local machine use SMTP I don't think we can send proxy mails  

ajayrai
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Zhihong,

There are few factors which may cause problem for this. If you are using Office or Gmail as your mail server they will not allow you to do this.

If you have local mail server which is owned by client you can do this different Nprinting mail.

For this the mail id you are using for particular report, should have send as anonymous permission it means you have to go to mail setting and uncheck the My outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication and use port 25.

If you still face the problem share the snapshot of log and your settings screen, I had same requirement and this idea helped me.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Avinash,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I noticed it is normal behavior for the setting, as there is only one E-mail SMTP setting available in my nprinting.

Dose it mean if I need more than one actual email address, then we need to buy and install another nprinitng? It is not possible  for nprining to set up for multiple actually emails?

Thanks very much

Zhihong

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Ajay,

Thanks for your answer.  I will give it a try.

But I think the problem still exist because the requirement is that I hope to have 2 actual email address in one nprinting.   Because for all our other projects, we need to keep to use our own email address.

ajayrai

Hi Zhihong,

If you are allowed to use 25 port then you can use any no. of Emails for your requirement, you don't have to configure any particular mail in your settings. Basically you can send mail to the users using anyone's id. I am using it so I am sure it will work.

Regards

Ajay

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Ajay,

Thanks. Then I see. My server is running some report now. I will test the email setting later.

But then we still have problem, our company do use gmail server.  And just confirmed with client,they use Office email server. So your solution seems impossible.

Zhihong

avinashelite

Yes, this would be bit confusing for the end user too better to educate the user and stick on to the STD process .

if you have got the answers please mark the helpful and correct answers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Ajay,

I tested your solution. And as I use gmail server, after change to port 25, the email can not be sent out.

Anyway, thanks very much