Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_andrews
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How to create extensions for web version?

I'm looking to create custom extensions for qlik sense (the web based version where you import a zip file) but every tutorial I find seems to want me to put files in a physical location on a hard drive. I've found something like this GitHub - NOD507/SenseDateRangePicker: A date range picker extension for qliksense but when I installed it and tried to add it to a report, nothing happened. So I just want to learn how to build my own extensions but I can't find any documentation or tutorials, can you point me in the right direction?

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Are you looking for the Import functionality in the QMC? Importing extensions ‒ Qlik Sense

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
michael_andrews
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

No, I've found how to add existing ones, I'm looking for documentation or tutorials on how to create extensions. All the tutorials I've found seem to be for the desktop version.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The instructions are the same. Extensions are extensions. There are no desktop and server extensions. Just extensions. You can develop one with Qlik Sense Desktop and then import it in Qlik Sense Enterprise. Perhaps all you're missing is the 'zip the directory that contains the extension files after you finished developing it'.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

There is no difference between developing for QLIK Sense Desktop or Qlik Sense Server!

Sent from my iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please try dev-hub at Qlik sense desktop or Qlik sense sever

michael_andrews
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I don't have physicall access to the server this is on, so I can't find the extension files. Can I download them somewhere?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Michael -

Take a look at this as well:

Qlik Sense - Introduction to Extensions (video)

There is also a link with a great tutorial on building them, you could use Qlik Sense Desktop to do it freely on your machine.

Also - Qlik Branch - branch.qlik.com - you will be able to download existing extensions and import them.

Oh and you may find this interested as well:

From these video indexes:

HTH - let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik