You can use the Mashups API to do this. As you want to build your own UI, just build your Data model in Qliksense and make use of the Dimensions and Measures to build your own UI on top of it.
There is at least 3 different approaches you could use for this:
1) use the mashup/capabilities API and the createCube call and then create you own HTML from the data you get back. This will be technically pretty close to Qlik Sense client, depend on requirejs and angularjs just like Qlik Sense etc. You also could use Qlik Sense charts if you want too.
2) Use something like the Qsocks library. This is more low-level and has far less dependencies.
3) Use .Net and Qlik .Net SDK
You could of course also build it yourself from the bottom up, working on the websocket level.
Stuff you need to understand:
- the hypercube and how to initiate it with dimensions and measures etc
- invalidation, subscription etc
- how to connect to QIX engine and open an app.
Hope this helps
Thanks for the thorough feedback! I have some experience in .NET and it seems like this QSocks looks like a good option.
In terms of connecting to the app, I assume the following:
- The app has to be a Qlik Sense app with the data model built? No front-end needed?
- The app has to be published and available on a server?
Thanks a lot!