Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinod_nallapaneni

Exporting to CSV issue

Hi all,

I'm facing issue with exporting data from table box to CSV.

I've almost 18 Lakh records in table box. While I'm trying to export, Qlikview was not responding. I'm seeing the popup like this.

Can anyone help me on this?

Popup.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinod_nallapaneni
Author

Actually I'm doing like that only after creating the filter I've 18 lk records. Without that there are more than 50 lk records.

How to handle this?

-VINOD

View solution in original post

8 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Is it working when you have few rows ? Meaning select few filters and make sure you have few records in your table box and then export to csv and see if you can export. If you can export then it is not any code issue ( because I am not able to see any code in this posting). Might be you have less memory..

marcus_sommer

It could be that you haven't enough RAM and/or discspace for it and in general to export about 1.800.000 records will need some time especially if there are many columns with string-values. I think you need to slice down the amount of records or better to store these data from the script-side as csv.

- Marcus

avinashelite

As per I know Table Boxes are not very efficient when it comes to memory and CPU utilization and the amount of data export your trying is also bit high . We have limitations with the export to CSV/EXCEL from front end . If you have such have huge data export then why can't you push that to script ?? script handles that better

simple try like store tablename into required_name.txt (txt);

vinod_nallapaneni
Author

Hi Avinash,

I Don't have access the script side to reload. So, While I've tried to send those Table box object to CSV. It takes longtime ( It seems 2 Hours). After that What i need to do. Can you please confirm me do we need to wait more time to get 18L records?

- VINOD

avinashelite

As Marcus told it depends on your RAM availability, I don't think it feasible to wait for more than 2 hours.

Try like this, instead of exporting 18 lk of records try to reduce the data by adding more filters in the dashboard so that the records get reduce and the export to CSV will be much faster , this is the only way we could do in the front end .

Hope this helps you 

vinod_nallapaneni
Author

Actually I'm doing like that only after creating the filter I've 18 lk records. Without that there are more than 50 lk records.

How to handle this?

-VINOD

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Did you try in server? What is the RAM size?

Try something like this:

Store yourcvs into csv.txt(txt);

vinod_nallapaneni
Author

Currently I working on Live server. RAM-16GB.