12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2016 1:14 PM by Sebastian Pereira RSS

Get current QlikID

Sebastian Pereira

Hi All!

I want to know the QlikID of the user that is using the app. Someone knows how i can do that?

In Qlikview we had QvUser()...

Thanks!

• Re: Get current QlikID
          Michael Tarallo

Hello Sebastian,

Something like this:

You could try the system function OSuser() - I added it to a variable I created vUser - just to use it as a variable.

You could use a string function to strip out the directory information.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Michael Tarallo

Some additional information for you:

System functions #OSUser ‒ Qlik Sense

Sebastian Pereira

Thanks fot both of you, but in Cloud it doesn't works. Shows anonymous681sd6f81.......

I need that to create the section access table.

Michael Tarallo

Hello Sebastian, "Section Access" is not available in Qlik Sense Cloud - only Qlik Sense Enterprise.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Sebastian Pereira

Thanks Michael, but, Are you sure?

If you try SA in Desktop, when it reloads, the script stops, saying that SA is not available for desktop.

But, when you try in Cloud (basic), it reloads succesfully, but i don't know the exact user i need to set up.

I don't guess that if doesn't works in Cloud it can reload...

Michael Tarallo

Hi Sebastian, yes I am sure :-) - the code is completely ignored. Qlik Sense Cloud Basic and Plus is not used in that manner. There isn't any data level / column level security implemented.

Regards,

Mike

Sebastian Pereira

ok, its a bug that accepts section access in script...

So, there is a way that i can see the qlikID of the active user in a published app in cloud or cloud+?

Do you know something about cloud bussines?

Michael Tarallo

Hi Sebastian -

To clarify - no it is not a bug - it just ignores the section access. Qlik Sense Cloud is  a "customized version of Qlik Sense" so--to-speak. Specifically designed to lower the entry point cost for organizations who want to use data visualization and analysis capabilities.

• re: QlikID - No you cannot, that is not exposed in Qlik Sense Cloud API, nor are variables such as this enabled.

If you would like to tell me more about the use case, I can understand more what you are trying to accomplish. Sounds like you may be a candidate for Qlik Sense Enterprise.

Here is more information on Qlik Sense Cloud Business:

Qlik Sense Cloud FAQ

It has a section on Qlik Sense Cloud Business.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Sebastian Pereira

Thanks Michel, but let me doubt about it... If it ignores SA, why an application that was reloaded with section access says "acces denied" when i try to open it?

When i asked about Cloud Bussines, i asked about the time when it will be available...

So, thanks you

Michael Tarallo

Hi Sebastian - hmmmmm...in Qlik Sense Cloud? - it shows "access denied" when you try to open a app that has SA? - if that is the case - I misunderstood as I saw you stated it loaded successfully - but if you try to access the app you get the access denied. OK let me check with the CLOUD team why that is the case.

In Regards to QDCB:

I believe in the FAQ it states 2H of 2016 - so anytime from now until DEC. I am not able to give you a concrete date, but I know it will be delivered soon.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik