11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2016 9:31 AM by Ishan Kumar RSS

YTD In qlik sense

Ishan Kumar

i am working on YTD calculation and i have week and year as a parameter.

Sum({1 <WEEK={">}WEEK))<=$(=Max({<Year={$(=MAX(Year))}>}WEEK))"}, Year = {$(=MAX(Year))}>}M_COUNT_WEEK)

when i am using the above query its always fetching me the max of year. ideally it should give me the data for the year that i am selecting. i have 2 years 2016 and 2015 when i am selecting 2015 it still shows me 2016 data. please help.

• Re: YTD In qlik sense
          Alluraiah Allu

Hi

First of all  , I do not understand the  selection you made . Seems to be some error

1)Please check highlighted part .

Sum({1 <WEEK={">}WEEK))<=$(=Max({<Year={$(=MAX(Year))}>}WEEK))"},

Year = {$(=MAX(Year))}>}  M_COUNT_WEEK)

2)

you have declared   Year = {$(=MAX(Year))  ,  AND  '1' in the expression due to this i think year always slects MAX year i.e 2016 !!?

Sum({1 <WEEK={">}WEEK))<=$(=Max({<Year={$(=MAX(Year))}>}WEEK))"},

Year = {$(=MAX(Year))}>}  M_COUNT_WEEK)

MARCO HADIYANTO

Hi

Sum({<WEEK={">=$(=Max({<Year={$(=MAX(Year)-1)}>}WEEK))<=$(=Max({<Year={$(=MAX(Year))}>}WEEK))"}, Year = {$(=MAX(Year))}>}M_COUNT_WEEK)

try this.

Regards,

Ishan Kumar

Thanks Marco.

But this is giving me exact value for that week. but i need ytd value.

Ishan Kumar

Hi Marco

If i have 3 years then will this condition work?

Sum({<WEEK={">=$(=Max({<Year={$(=MAX(Year)-1)}>}WEEK))<=$(=Max({<Year={$(=MAX(Year))}>}WEEK))"}, Year = {$(=MAX(Year))}>}M_COUNT_WEEK)

Jonathan Dienst

This expression should work:

Sum({<WEEK = {"<=$(=Max({<Year={$(=MAX(Year))}>} WEEK))"}, Year = {$(=MAX(Year))}>} M_COUNT_WEEK)

If that is not working, you might want to post a small sample qvf file for more detailed understanding of your model and more accurate help.

And yes, this should work no matter how many years you have. If you want to compare the latest (or selected) year with the previous year:

Current/selected year

Sum({<WEEK = {"<=$(=Max({<Year={$(=MAX(Year))}>} WEEK))"}, Year = {$(=MAX(Year))}>} M_COUNT_WEEK)

Prior year (to same week number as current/selected year):

Sum({<WEEK = {"<=$(=Max({<Year={$(=MAX(Year))}>} WEEK))"}, Year = {$(=MAX(Year)-1)}>} M_COUNT_WEEK)