Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to identify which user is consuming RAM/Resources in Windows Server Environment?

Hi,

I want to identify which specific user and which document is consuming more resources/especially RAM in Windows Server Environment because once a user access an Qlikview access point it does not show which user is specifically consuming the system resources on real time basis if we check through Windows Server Task Manager. It only shows specific service is using the resources.

Is there any way we can identify which user is consuming RAM on real time basis? if not on real time basis then by any log based application? so we can restrict that particular user.

Windows Event Logs does not contain the information at user level it only shows that specific program is using the resources.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Hassam.

4 Replies
bindu_apte
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

You can install Qlikview Governance dashboard which is useful to check all event logs and how many users are using how many sessions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Many Thanks for quick response Bindu.

Qlikview Governance dashboards does not fulfill the requirements. It does not contain the information that which user is consuming how much resources at OS level. It only contains the information that how long a session did last and how much MBytes Sent and Received over the network.

Regards,

Hassam.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Qlikview System Monitor might be answer?

QlikView Application: System Monitor v5.1.23

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I have no idea whether this is possible at all (real-time monitoring requires CPU and RAM by itself that you are taking away from QV), but one sentence from your OP intrigues me: how do you plan to "...restrict that particular user"?

Keep in mind that QVS uses its own memory manager to control that large swath of memory that it ends up claiming for itself (usually between 80 and 90% of available RAM).

Peter