Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Zoom in option for bar charts in qlik sense

Hello Qlik Developers

I have 4 bar charts in which i am displaying Day,week,month and quarter data. I believe  that in qliksense we have zoom in zoom out functionality. My requirement is i want to create a single bar chart in which i have want to display day,week,month and quarter data with the zoom in zoom out functionality. Can someone please help me

Thanks,

Anil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean when you select a year you get the months and when you select a month you get the weeks etc. This is a drill down dimension.

In edit mode select the master items option in the side menu and the dimensions list under that.

Capture 11.PNG

Click create new and you will get the option to create a single dimension or a drill down dimension.

Capture12.PNG

Select drill down and then add the fields you want to ne able to drill down on in the correct order in the field section. (make sure you click add dimension before you click done)

Capture13.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I am not sure what you mean by zoom in/zoom out?

But you could make those alternate dimensions so that you only have a single bar chart.  Then the user can pick which dimension they want to see.  I don't know how you would zoom in or out.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Yes, as Mark said alternate dimensions can be used for single bar and you can add filters for user where they can select based on day or week or month etc.

I believe by zoom in and zoom out you mean selecting only that bar on chart and rest of the bars are disabled?

You can use 'Lasso Selection' as well

dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Arvind

Thanks for the reply. I have 7 expressions in each bar chart how to create a single bar chart with all the expressions related to 4 bar charts. Can you explain me in detail please

Thanks

Anil

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean when you select a year you get the months and when you select a month you get the weeks etc. This is a drill down dimension.

In edit mode select the master items option in the side menu and the dimensions list under that.

Capture 11.PNG

Click create new and you will get the option to create a single dimension or a drill down dimension.

Capture12.PNG

Select drill down and then add the fields you want to ne able to drill down on in the correct order in the field section. (make sure you click add dimension before you click done)

Capture13.PNG

Not applicable

Hi Anil,

Use Drill Option for Dimension and Alternate measure option for your expressions to make a single Bar Chart. This is the only possible best solution for your concern.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.