14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2013 4:07 AM by David Gangarossa RSS

Google maps sample

i tried several time the google maps sample

but for it does not work

it gives : "No data to display"

• Google maps sample
          Jean-Jacques Jesua

Hi Jochem,

Is it a problem with data or with the map ?

Maybe you have a proxy problem as in my company.

You can try to open an url (file menu) with maps.google.com

After it works fine.

Jean-Jacques

• Google maps sample

Hi,

Changing the "," &."." worked for me. Also had to change the transparancy of the image to 0%.

Thanks for the help.

• Google maps sample

Hi all,

For those that fixed this for the Uk./.. would you mind sharing an example with me?

thanks

Ciara

• Re: Google maps sample
                David Gangarossa

Hi All,

GIS/Maps Analytics in QlikView is a very interesting topic indeed.

However, there are many technical limitations in using Google Maps (GMaps) to display QlikView KPI indicators. First of all, the drill-down, pan and selection capabilities are quite limited. Moreover, you cannot display several indicators at the same time and on the same map (background + foreground indicators), you are also limited to draw bubbles and therefore you cannot display pie/bar charts nor "real" heat maps. Finally, you cannot display QlikView KPIs on specific Sales/Business Areas with GMaps such as the Bricks in the Pharmaceutical sector (Brick = aggregation of zipcodes).

On top of that, there are also a few "commercial" aspects to be considered since many QlikView customers & channel partners use GMaps API "FREE" Key inside their QlikView server or rich client without complying with GMaps license terms...Indeed, for "professional internal use" (intranet, extranet or internet with username/password authentication to QlikView application), you must buy GMaps API "Premier" which costs about 10,000 $ USD per year or 8,500 euros per year + possible extra fees depending upon the total number of daily hits.

A few alternatives exist such as Open Street Map (totally FREE) or other WMS/TMS services. I hereby suggest you to have a look at our new mapping extension for QlikView 11 SR1 namely "GeoQlik v11.6":

http://www.geoqlik.com/en/geoqlik-for-qlikview/geoqlik-v11.html

Please find hereafter a few screenshots of GeoQlik V11.6 using WMS/TMS services to display QlikView KPIs:

geoqlik_v11_demo_1.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_2.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_3.JPG

geoqlik_v11_full.jpg

Thanks and best regards,

David

@ Business Geografic

• Re: Google maps sample
                  Richard Knechtel

It would be helpful to know what the cost of the commerical ($$) extensions are? Does anyone know what the cost is for IdevioMaps and GeoQlik?  (please post here so all wil know)

Thank you,