I'm having same situation with QV9 sr 3. I have listbox full of id values and textbox which displays picture with selected id. I need to load image blobs from db. Currently loading is done like this:
INFO LOAD photoId, photoImage;
SELECT DISTINCT photoId, photoImage
Instead of the image there is text:
where x are replaced with empty boxes. If I change the loading to:
BUNDLE INFO LOAD photoId, photoImage;
SELECT DISTINCT photoId, 'c:/testImage.png' as photoImage
everything works fine. So the problem seems to be with the blobs. Any ideas?
I dumped the blobs as images to the filesystem and they seem to be ok. Problem doesn't seem to be in corrupted images or in SQL.
How did you manage to solve this problem?
Like you can see from the posting, it´s been awhile since I battled with that question,
so my memory is a bit fuzzy regarding the issue.
My problem in the end was that the ERP system that was used to store the blob in the SQL , actually didn´t do a binary insert. It used a header of it´s own in the binary, which caused the files to be "corrupted". I went around that by storing the files in a different way and retrieving them through ODBC and then everything worked fine...
Looking back at the application in the script I have:
ODBC CONNECT TO "Where you want connected"
INFO SELECT Imagename,
And in the layout object I only have
INFO(Imagename) in a text object that has presentation set to image.
Hope you find a solution to your problem.