Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Post Execution of Script after the Input of Data by user

Hi All,

This requirement is quiet similar just like fetching the results of a student upon entering his rollno.I have an input box which will accept the names of the vendor initially. After entering the vendor name it should fetch the other details of that vendor. How do i accompolish the above task??

The challenge here is that only after getting data through input box the actual script should run. what are the necessary steps to be carried out?

Your replies will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rajesh

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rajesh,

I would suggest one thing. I saw your last post in the forum by passing vendor name in the input box and get the results in the chart. I don't know whether my suggestions will help you or not.

Why do you need input box. You can make the list box by single value selection, Qlikview automatically link values based on the selections. Get all the values in the load script itself, then if you select Vendor "B", Qlikvew will show values only for vendor B.

Let me explaing with example. For eg you want to select vendor, based on vendor you want to show sales persons, country etc. Show Sales person and Country in the List box. If you select B then qlikview show only sales persons belong to vendor B, same for Country too.

Instead of passing the vendor details and get the other details will take time.

-Raghu.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Raghu,

Till now i have been using list boxes and as you said it will automatically map the values of each vendor to the chart.

But now a new requirement has arisen where we are asked to use input box. once the end user inputs the vendor name, then only that vendor's details must be fetched and displayed in the chart. In my previous post it used to load all the data from a QVD file n display in the list. whereas according to my new requirement

i. the script should execute only after getting input from textbox.

ii. the script should fetch only the record of the particular vendor.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Rajesh

This is not how QlikView works. The data is loaded in its entirety into the document based on refresh interval the implementation determines. The data in the document maybe further reduced based on section access but is again affected only at document open time. What you are trying to emulate with a lookup and read a record from a file is not a supported QlikView process and one that negates the in memory power of QlikView.

I would defer to the response from Raghu in using either a list box or a search box. The search box (added in 9.0) will allow you to map the entry field to a data model attribute (e.g. vendor name). User types into the search box and selects a value (either a whole value or a wildcarded value) and that drives the data results seen in the tables and charts.

Hope this helps

Regards

John