Hi, I've had this problem before and this is the only thing that seems to work:
1) Clear all selections
2) Go to your data load editor, and remove the fields from your data model that have the sticky filters applied (comment them out).
3) Reload the app (it will save automatically)
4) Go back to data load editor and restore the fields.
5) Reload the app again.
Use this "cleared" app to publish or overwrite any published apps.
This has worked. It's just weird because the solution that I was using before (opening up the app in 2 tabs and reloading it in one of them) was working. Then all of a sudden that process wasn't.
Anyway, hope Qlik fixes this soon because with Mashups there is sometimes a need to pass into the app a default state of selections.
When you see sticky filters appearing on your app, do the following:
1. Open the app and data load editor parallelly on 2 different tabs
2. Remove the filters on the app
3. Hit the save button on the data load editor (make sure the asterisk on the name of the tab goes away - this means the app was successfully saved)
4. Reload your app. You should now see that the filters have gone away!
If the above solution doesn't work, go to the QMC and duplicate your app and repeat the process described above on the duplicated app. This should solve your issue.