Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjpepping
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to add custom SVG files to SVGReader

Hello,

I am trying to use the SVG Reader extension and have created several custom SVG maps. However, when I point to the file path in the SVG Reader folder, it does not recognize any of the custom files. Note that I have tried copying one of the default maps (e.g., "us.svg") and simply renaming it (e.g., "us2.svg") and that renamed file won't load either. But if I change the contents of a default map and keep the name (e.g., keep "us.svg" but remove the path defining Hawaii), it properly loads the updated file. So it seems like the reader won't recognize any files except those with names that match the ones included in the download from GitHub.

Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks!

T.J.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

So, if you're simply finding the files in the file system and changing them, they won't be served by the server. They need to get registered with the repository. You can either upload new files to a content library through the QMC, and point to that with an absolute url (i know one of the versions of the SVG reader had absolute url option, not sure if that's the one you have), or you can add your files to the extension folder and zip up and re-upload the whole extension through the QMC. But simply navigating to where the extension files are on the server and making changes, will not work, unless it's a filename that existed when you uploaded the extension, since the file will not register to be served.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

Are you on QS Desktop or Server?

tjpepping
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Qlik Sense Server

MK9885
Master II
Master II

To create a custom svg map you'll need this path 'svgs\us2.svg' or whatever svg document you want to replace it with.

and to disable zoom just enter

Min Zoom =0

Max Zoom =0

This will make the map a static and it will not zoom in or out even if the user scrolls on map.

Also check our previous conversation on your older post on Map Zoom.

Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

So, if you're simply finding the files in the file system and changing them, they won't be served by the server. They need to get registered with the repository. You can either upload new files to a content library through the QMC, and point to that with an absolute url (i know one of the versions of the SVG reader had absolute url option, not sure if that's the one you have), or you can add your files to the extension folder and zip up and re-upload the whole extension through the QMC. But simply navigating to where the extension files are on the server and making changes, will not work, unless it's a filename that existed when you uploaded the extension, since the file will not register to be served.

tjpepping
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much! This fixed it and the custom SVG is loading perfectly.