Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

REST connector creates empty log files - possible to disable them?

We are heavy users of the REST connector, making approx 10k or more calls through it during an average day.

The connector itself works great - the fact that it's built into the default installation of Sense 3 is really nice.

The connector however logs each call. Or at least tries to...

Each call results in a log file being written, but it's empty.

Thousands of files per day times many days means... tens or hundreds of thousands of log files... All zero byte in size, which make them even more useless. It is of course possible to schedule a daily cleanup job using the Windows scheduler, but better would be to just disable the creation of those log files, and only create log files when there are warnings or errors.

Possible?

Just to prove the point, here is a screenshot of the log directory on a Sense 3.0.1 server:

REST connector logs.png

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
1 Reply
sebastian_gymer
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi dude! 

Long time no see. I know it's an old post but just had to reply as I just ran into this "feature" when upgrading a QlikView environment.

I had created a script to backup certain QlikView files and folders before upgrading.
(Before I ran the script I had checked that their combined size was around 10GB.)

-> So I ran the script and went for a cup of coffee, expecting it to be done in a couple of minutes...

-> Came back in 15 minutes and the script was still running... 'How is this possible!?', I wondered. 

-> Turns out there were over 2 million of these empty log-files...

-> Removing those took forever! 😄