Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

LOADing qvd_files for different plants - different field_names - ?

Hi,

I am looking for an idea how best to do this:

- I have built a report that shall be usable in either of two plants with two separate databases:

=> The user types the name of the one or the other plant and a variable is consequently filled (inside a SWITCH...CASE... statement) with one of two file_path_variables which again lead to the file_path of the qvd_file for the corresp. database.

So far, that's working fine.

<=> In one plant, the primary data_loading script is slightly different: The table in question is there called >>Receiving_Header<< whereas in the other load_script, it is called >>Rcv_Hdr<< - and the fields are all qualified, so I cannot use the same LOAD for both databases.

Now, a possible solution would be to use another SWITCH...CASE statement and write two different LOADs depending on the plant that the report is being run for.

My question is: Is there an easier solution that wouldn't require me to write two separate LOAD statements?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

the idea of assimilating the two load_scripts is good - but it would be just too much effort to adjust all the apps "further down" which happen to use qvd_files from both plants.

The plants have separate databases, that is why we have separate load_scripts.

Okay, I guess I'll just have to adapt my script and use two separate LOADs for the different plants.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

a solution might be to remove the differences between those loadings (you might need some additionally step to adjust othe rparts in your environment and/or to store these qvd's twice - one time not qualified and another with qualifying).

Beside your differences in the load-script it might be an alternative approach to load in general both plants and the differentiating between them happens per selection (maybe with triggers) or per section access.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

the idea of assimilating the two load_scripts is good - but it would be just too much effort to adjust all the apps "further down" which happen to use qvd_files from both plants.

The plants have separate databases, that is why we have separate load_scripts.

Okay, I guess I'll just have to adapt my script and use two separate LOADs for the different plants.

Best regards,

DataNibbler