Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

100% stacked with alternate dimensions in Qlik Sense

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a stacked bar chart with 100% value for each bar. I need to create a 100% stack even when the dimension changes from day to week to month, is this possible ? Any workaround is appreciated

chooco_cokhamtoisaaclin

My dimensions are:

Date (browse_date)

Source (divided into paid and organic)

And i used the following function to determine share percentage

Sum(sessions)/Sum(TOTAL <browse_date> sessions)

When it is set date-wise there is no problem with the bar chart, however when i change it into =monthname(browse_date) each bar corresponds to the percentage of the WHOLE year. 100percent stack .PNG

Is there a way to make this work when changed into month-wise so it represents 100% of each month?

I have attached the qvf file for a better understanding of the issue.

Labels (1)
  • Chart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ah, well that's not going to fly. But you can add another measure as an alternate measure too. That way users can choose between those too.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Folks,

Need your views on this ? Need to fix this

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You should create a Month field in the script so you can use it in TOTAL <Month>. In the attached app I've added a Month dimension to the Master Items library. That also seems to work, even though the properties pane doesn't seem to like the expression.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply. I think my previous question was not clear, apologies. I am actually looking for showing the stacked chart in one graph with date and month as alternative dimensions and not in 2 separate graphs The 100% stacked chart should change accordingly based on what dimension is selected

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ah, well that's not going to fly. But you can add another measure as an alternate measure too. That way users can choose between those too.

Not applicable
Author

Too much to ask for a user now Anyways thanks for the suggestion , Its assuring to know from somebody its not possible. Else I keep challenging myself to fix it

Sorry to drag you to this, there is another thing which I am trying to build and is described in this question . IT would be great if you could share your expertise. Thanks in advance

Creating a retention table in qlik sense