Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selective aggregation in Pivot Table

Hi ,

We need to show a table in report which has 3columns. For first column i want to show total of all rows corresponding to column 1 at the bottom of table. For second row i don't want to show any thing at bottom. for third column i want to show average of all rows.

Is this possible in Pivot table or in simple table.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vaibhav,

can you explain your problem a little bit more. Because right now its hard for me to understand what you exactly want 🙂

Milda

Not applicable
Author

Hi Milda,

I want to show aggregation of metrics at the bottom of table. Please look at the attached XLS sheet.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Not applicable
Author

First of all, if you use Pivot table you should go to the Presentation tab and check "Show partial sums".

There are 2 ways to change the expression in total row:

1. When you write an expression, you can change the total mode (but i think this only works in straight table, not in pivot table)

2. When you write an expression, you can use function DIMENSIONALITY(). At Total row dimensionality()=0. For example you can write:

IF( Dimensionality()>0, sum(...), sum(...)/count(...) ). In this case, you get different expressions at total row and other rows.