Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to open qv tutorial file in personal QV edition

hey guys,

plz tell me is there any way to open qvw file created by other user in a personal QV edition . I have been denied the access to open the tutorial files that i have downloaded saying that it has been created by licensed QV user and u r using personal edition u may not open this file.

help me out guys [:(]

Thanks

Vivek

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I think you cannot as per my knowleadge.

I am also looking for the responce from other If there is any way to open.

ljackson
Creator
Creator

I have been following the tutorial, and created the files as per instructions.   I tried to reopen the file today and got the same message 'Access denied. The file was created by a licenced Qlikview user and since you are using a Qlikview Personal Edition you may not open this file'.

I'm using the same PC, same program, same file.  I can't see why there is a conflict.

I don't really want to have to start the tutorial again from the beginning, has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

As far as I know once you get the message that the maximum number of document recoveries allowed has been exceeded you won't be able to open previously created qvd documents anymore unless you get a full license. Uninstalling an reinstalling will not help. If you can live without those documents you can try uninstalling and removing the QllikTech folders in the AppData folder: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\QlikTech and C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech. Then reinstall QV again. Hopefully you can then create new documents without problems.