Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to access another extension's layout from my extension?

Hi,

I am fairly new to Qlik Sense Extension Development. I want to be able to access the "qHyperCube" of another extension that is present on the screen.

How could I do this ? Also, if there is any documentation that supports the same, would be great if anyone could share it.

Thanks!

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi - I am developing a qlik sense extension that will provide feedback information on the current sheet selections and meta data. Ideally I would like to include some of the properties settings from other extensions being used on the sheet. My search for assistance led me here. My question is very similar - is it possible to access properties of one extension from another?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would be surprised if this is possible.

But if it can somehow be frigged to do this I would strongly advise against having one extension being dependent on another as this would be digging yourself into an ongoing development & support nightmare hole.

Notwithstanding the above I am unclear about the reason for wishing to do this, could you advise.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When an end-user asks a support question, the feedback extension would list their app/sheet/user details and data selections. In some apps it may be useful to know other extension's property values.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Aah!!  You should be able get all that info via Qlik API calls or vanilla javascript

• App name should be in App Layout in the qTitle property
  • You can certainly get the Sheet ID that one would hope one could derive the sheet name from
  • AD user should be derivable via javascript
  • The Qlik API getList method could be an option to return the current selections

I have never personally done what you are hoping to do but it all sounds viable and the Qlik API's are well documented.