Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Why QlikSense Server should be included in a domain to Active Directory authentication

Hi Dear Qlik Community

I Have a Technical Question, i have a QlikSense Server 3.0.2 installation in a Windows 2012 R2, the server was nor added to domain, in the QMC i configured one Activer Directory Connection (user directory connection), The connection and sincronization works fine, but when i try authenticate some AD User not works.

I was reading a bit and found that Qlik Sense is mandatory that the server is associated with the domain.

I need Know the technical reason or technical arguments to this mandatory option if somebody could provide me some article or technical document or paragraph with this technical information.

Thanks

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I was reading a bit and found that Qlik Sense is mandatory that the server is associated with the domain.

Only if you want to use that domain to authenticate users. You can other user directory connectors instead if you like You could use an excel file to store your user directory information and create a udc for that if you want.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi dear gysbert

Thanks for ur answer, i know that is mandatory only if you want AD authentication, i need know why, what is the technical reason ? A customer ask me Why is mandatory in QlikSense if in others platforms or apss is not necesary

Thanks