Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Questions on QlikView with KDB via ODBC/OLEDB

I am evaluating QlikView 9 with KDB. I have downloaded the KDB ODBC driver. In my evaluation with QlikView, I could use QlikView to browse all tables and schema in KDB. However, when I tried to add query to select the table content, it returns an error code which I have no idea with it. My query is just something like "select sym from table_name"

I have also tried to put 'q' statement and it did not work as well.

Could somebody please give me some clues on.

1) How to setup ODBC connection to KDB on QlikView?

2) What syntax I should use to query the KDB table?

3) Could I use 'q' syntax instead of normal SQL?

Appreciate if anyone could let me know any documentations on this.

Thanks

Boris

3 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Boris,

I don't know how this can work with ODBC but I work on a test case with the JDBC driver which seems to work but still have some minor issues we can fix.

- Ralf

Btw, old question indeed...

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Ralf, is it possible for you to post some instructions on how to setup a jdbc connections to kdb? I have exactly the same issue as listed in the original post when connecting via odbc. I can connect to the kdb database and browse the tables, but I get a "s.k not found error" when I try to run a simple select on any table. s.k file is installed in QHOME.

Thanks

Ram

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Ramesh,

the configuration is straight forward. Add the kdbjdbc.jar file (under tab JDBC Driver, Add Library) and set the JDBC driver classname to "jdbc" (under tab Advanced Settings).

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D