3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2016 4:38 AM by luis martin-roldan RSS

Connecting qlikview to PostgreSQL with ODBC connector

luis martin-roldan

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum here. Registered specially for the purpose of posting this very question, so I hope there is a Guru around here who can help me out with it hehe

So, this is the situation:
      - The machine is a 64 bit Windows 7.

- Qlikview 64 bit version installed.

- PostgreSQL for desktop 9.6 32 bit version installed.

- Last version ODBC drivers for Postgre installed, 32 bit as well.

- Connector made using the administrative tools in the control panel section.

There is a database, 'mydb', with a table, 'people', with some information (3 rows). I have tried everything to get QlikView to connect to the database but I have not quite got it right yet.

The steps I follow:

1. Open QlikView and create a new application.

2. Ctr + E to open editor, then mark the "force 32 bits version" check box, select "ODBC" and hit "Connect".

3. Select my recently created connector, namely "PostgreSQL30", which in turn opens a dialog box like in the attached picture.

I think that my mistake might be in this step, because I leave the 'Server' space blank, but I don't really know what should I write there :/

4. Connect.

Then, the easy "ODBC CONNECT32 TO PostgreSQL30;" is written in the editor, but when I try to insert a select query afterwards, eventhough the workings of the connector seem to work just right, the select dialog doesn't show any table to be selected  **HULK MAD**

Really, any help will be appreciated.