This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
I'm new to the forum here. Registered specially for the purpose of posting this very question, so I hope there is a Guru around here who can help me out with it hehe
So, this is the situation:
- The machine is a 64 bit Windows 7.
- Qlikview 64 bit version installed.
- PostgreSQL for desktop 9.6 32 bit version installed.
- Last version ODBC drivers for Postgre installed, 32 bit as well.
- Connector made using the administrative tools in the control panel section.
There is a database, 'mydb', with a table, 'people', with some information (3 rows). I have tried everything to get QlikView to connect to the database but I have not quite got it right yet.
The steps I follow:
1. Open QlikView and create a new application.
2. Ctr + E to open editor, then mark the "force 32 bits version" check box, select "ODBC" and hit "Connect".
3. Select my recently created connector, namely "PostgreSQL30", which in turn opens a dialog box like in the attached picture.
I think that my mistake might be in this step, because I leave the 'Server' space blank, but I don't really know what should I write there :/
Then, the easy "ODBC CONNECT32 TO PostgreSQL30;" is written in the editor, but when I try to insert a select query afterwards, eventhough the workings of the connector seem to work just right, the select dialog doesn't show any table to be selected **HULK MAD**
Really, any help will be appreciated.