7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2016 12:05 PM by Sangeetha Shanmugham RSS

Weighted Accuracy rollup

Sangeetha Shanmugham

Hi All,

I have been stumped on this weighted forecast accuracy for few days. Any help would be appreciated.

Let's say we have the below hierarchy.

Company->Division->Group->Model->Category->Item Group->Fcst Product Classification->Item.

We have two types of accuracy - Normal and weighted accuracy. Normal accuracy is where all items have the same weight (1) and weighted accuracy is where items under Fcst Product Classification have different weights.

Fcst Product Classification

Weight

High Revenue

Commodity

EOSPending

Legacy

Build to Order

High Growth Potential

If the items do not fall under these category, they would have weight value 1.

I'm trying to calculate the weighted accuracy using the formula from Fcst Product Classification level.

1-∑ (error*weight)/demand, where error=sum(Forecast)-sum(Demand)

1-sum(aggr((sum(aggr(fabs(sum(FORECAST-QTY)-sum({<Flag_Type=>}Demand)))/sum({<Flag_Type>}Demand)) * Forecast_weight,Item),[Fcst Product Classification])).

The weighted accuracy works fine on Fcst Product Classification level, but when I try to roll up the accuracy to higher hierarchy, it changes. I want the accuracy to be consistent on all levels. How do I calculate the weighted accuracy and roll up the percentage to higher levels?

Thanks,

Sangeetha