cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show values that occur multiple times

Hello,

This is going to be a bit complicated to explain, so please bear with me! I am basically trying to find the intersection based on my filters.

I have a set expression that returns a number of items depending on the filter selections. I would like to add another layer of processing to exclude some items.

If I have selected/filtered for 2 values, I want only items that appear in my set 2 times.

If I have selected/filtered for 3 values, I want only items that appear in my set 3 times.

There is no limit to the number of values the user can select. It will likely often be 20 or so.

Is this possible? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Can you try this:

To display food:

=Concat(DISTINCT {<food = {"=Count(DISTINCT name) = Count(TOTAL DISTINCT name)"}>} food, ', ')

To count food:

=Count(DISTINCT {<food = {"=Count(DISTINCT name) = Count(TOTAL DISTINCT name)"}>} food)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share what you have right now? and if possible a sample?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've put together a simple sample that I think will demonstrate my main question.

Data: A group of people and what they ate for lunch. Given any combination of people (filter pane), what are the dishes they had in common?

LOAD * inline [

name, food

Adam, salad

Barb, soup

Carl, salad

Diane, salad

Earl, soup

Adam, veggie sandwich

Barb, ham sandwich

Carl, veggie sandwich

Diane, ham sandwich

Earl, veggie sandwich

Adam, apple pie

Barb, cake

Carl, fruit

Diane,apple pie

Earl, fruit

]

So

• if I select Adam & Carl, I should report salad and veggie sandwich
  • if I select Adam & Diane, I should report salad and apple pie
  • if I select Adam, Carl & Diane, I should only report salad

Now, the second part of this is that instead of a table to count from, I actually have a set statement that I'm counting from. Does that make a difference?

sunny_talwar

Can you try this:

To display food:

=Concat(DISTINCT {<food = {"=Count(DISTINCT name) = Count(TOTAL DISTINCT name)"}>} food, ', ')

To count food:

=Count(DISTINCT {<food = {"=Count(DISTINCT name) = Count(TOTAL DISTINCT name)"}>} food)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks again, Sunny!