2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2016 2:24 PM by Jesse Maitland RSS

Incremental Load with WHERE NOT EXISTS()  - QVD files

Jesse Maitland

Hello,

I am trying to do an incremental load from an SQL Server 2008 database, and an existing QVD file. I have copied the syntax from here. I am trying to do an INSERT with UPDATE

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/1.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/UsingQVDFilesIncrementalLoad.htm

I'm running into an issue with WHERE NOT EXISTS(). My load scripts looks as follows

Table_name:

SELECT

ID,

Value1,

Value2

FROM

Table

WHERE

UpdateTime >= '$(LastUpdateTime)';

CONCATENATE LOAD

ID,

Value1,

Value2

FROM

[lib://MyQVD/Table_name.qvd](qvd)

WHERE NOT EXISTS(ID);

STORE Table_name INTO [lib://QVD/Table_name.qvd](qvd);

I know for a fact that Table_name returned from the database contains 23 records. I first created the QVD file by omitting the CONCATENATE portion of the above script and successfully stored all 23 records in the QVD.

The problem is when I include the CONCATENATE, and run the load script again, it loads all 23 rows from the QVD file, even though I know for a fact that the primary key ID exists in the first set loaded from the SQL script. This leads me to believe that there is either a problem with my WHERE clause, or the EXISTS() function.

I also sometimes get the script to return a strange number of rows from the QVD. I've run the above script and know that the SQL server has returned 0 rows, however the CONCATENATE LOAD portion will strangely read 7 rows from the QVD file, where it should actually be reading 23 rows in this instance.

perhaps I don't understand how the EXISTS() function works?

I created the QVD files with Qlik Sense 3.1

Thank you,

Jesse