Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Quick Question with likely an Easy Answer, but Urgent!

disclaimer: this is my second day in qlikview, and I'm working on my own

I have a straight table in QlikView, with a few data categories including Product, Sales ($), # Orders, Avg Price, etc. Right now as a simplified example the table reads like this for two orders of shoes and two orders of bags:

Shoes 4.50 1 4.50
Bag 3.20 1 3.20
Shoes 5.50 1 5.50
Bag 1.80 1 1.80

However, I need to condense this information so that when I sort by Product, it reads:

Shoes 10.00 2 5.00
Bag 5.00 2 2.50

...thereby combining the shoes orders together into one table row.

I don't know how else to explain it than with that example. I have thousands of rows of data in my straight table right now, but if I can condense the information like so it would only be about 20 rows. How do I do this? I feel like it should be in the "expression", but I can't think of anything to change.

I only have tonight to figure it out so I hope someone can help out! Thank you!!!!

-qlkvw n00b

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

This behaviour is usually one of two reasons.

Check that the object type is a straight table as opposed to a table box.

Check that bags and shoes is the only dimension field, and the other columns are expressions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

This behaviour is usually one of two reasons.

Check that the object type is a straight table as opposed to a table box.

Check that bags and shoes is the only dimension field, and the other columns are expressions.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you!! I am a bit fuzzy on what should be dimensions and what should be expressions, and I had those as expressions because I could put them in a "group" easily. When I read your post and realized they should be dimensions, I saw that you can also put dimensions in a group! Excellent.

I apologize in advance to the community, I may bombard this board with a couple more beginner questions before the end of the night.