Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Table Simple Sorting Question!

Hopefully, but not definitely, my last question:

I have a pivot table with four dimensions and two expressions. The most important dimension is "Customer" and the second applicable one is "Order ID". The applicable expression is "Sales".

I have this table being sorted correctly, so that the customer with the highest total sales appears first in my chart. I did this by selecting sort by Y-Value for my Customers dimension in the Sort tab.

I now need to make the exact same chart except with "Product ID" instead of "Order ID". I copy and paste the chart object into a new tab, and change the Order ID column to Product ID. Sadly, the Sort by Y-Axis box that is still checked for the Customer dimension is now sorting my customers alphabetically instead of by Sales! It doesn't seem that Customers are "linked up" with Sales anymore, so that Y-axis box isn't working right. I can't figure out why. Everything else in Properties seems to be the same between the two charts, but I must have missed something.

Thanks!

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

bump. sorry... any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

what you could do is in the sort option select sort by expression and in the expression box write ' Sum ( Sales)' and sort in Ascending order

cheers

spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Did u checked whetther the Product ID is sorted on Y-Value ?

Second thing like check the relation between the Customer and Products .

Regards,

Ajay

Not applicable
Author

There seems to be a bug where you can only sort by the first dimension of a pivot table... hope they fix it soon