6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2016 10:40 AM by Shraddha Gajare RSS

High-Availability Clustering for Qlik Sense 3.1

Hardeep Singh

Dear Experts,

We are designing our landscape to implement a HA cluster for Qlik Sense 3.1 in Production environment.

I have gone through the Qlik documentations and have complete overview of most of the things. Before I proceed further with the proposal, just wanted to get a few points cleared (mentioned below). Would be great if I get any inputs from you based on your experience and knowledge.

1. "Primary Node - RIM Node" concept is for Load Balancing purpose and doesn't cater the HA cluster requirements.?

2. For setting up Qlik Sense 3.1 HA cluster, I found out that it will require only "shared folder" on the primary server which can be accessed from the 2nd cluster node and there's no requirement of provisioning a "share storage disk" between primary and 2nd cluster node.?

3. If point no.2 is true, then the "shared folder" will reside on "Primary Server". So, what if the entire "Primary Server" goes down.? Will the 2nd cluster be able to work independently in this case even when the primary node and shared folder are not accessible.?

Attaching a pictorial representation of the same. Please suggest your POV.

Thanks & Regards

Hardeep