7 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2017 9:54 AM by Andrew Whitfield RSS

NPrinting 17.2: "Error Exceeded maximum number of retries" on reload metadata

Martin Schauer

Hi NPrinting Experts,

I'm currently trying to test NPrinting 17.2 to see if it can replace our NP 16 environment.

Installation went ok after a hand-copy of some Erlang-cookie. I configured an engine (which is online and enabled), created an App and a connection. Now whenever I try to reload metadata, the following can be seen in the user interface "Cache Status" column: first "Generating", then  after some minutes: "Error Exceeded maximum number of retries"

If I look what's happening in the background using task manager, I do see QV.EXE is loaded and doing some stuff, then finishes, gets loaded again and finishes again after some CPU cycles.

Also on the Qlikview server I can see a connection by that user on the test machine in SESSIONS.LOG of Qlikview.
      The rather longish error line from nprinting_engine.log is attached below.

Does any of you have an idea why there is a problem with Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV11.Cache.Layout.CreateLayoutFile() as suggested in the error message?

Our environment: Windows Server 2008R2, 24 Kernels, 100GB RAM, lots of disk space left, NPrinting 17.2 and Qlikview 12SR5 installed on same server,  QVW files located on remote server running Qlikview 11Sr15, accessed using qvp://..., 

We did the following to check basic working environment:
      - open Qlikview Desktop with NPrinting user account, check license is available (yes, static), "open on server" the same document as in NPrinting -> no problems.

And yes, we've looked at the trouble shoot document, RabbitMQ seems to be working ok.

Thanks for any help on this matter!

Martin      

This is the error message as seen in nprinting_engine.log:

n/a n/a n/a 20161019T162847.651+02:00 WARN MUSWEROS020  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Content request 75d0a83b-6b1b-468c-914d-f36ec5f9b282: resolution aborted with exception System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.↵↓   at Qlik.QlikView11.Variable.SetProperties(IVariableProperties _Properties)↵↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV11.Cache.Layout.CreateLayoutFile(String _FileName, Document QlikViewDocument) in c:\Jws\workspace\NP-REL-17.2.0.0-BR-01-build\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikView\QVx\Cache\Layout.cs:line 264↵↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV11.QlikViewDocument.CacheProducer.CreateFile() in c:\Jws\workspace\NP-REL-17.2.0.0-BR-01-build\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikView\QVx\QlikViewDocument.cs:line 1566↵↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV11.Resolvers.Contents.QlikViewDocumentMetadataRequestResolver.Resolve(QlikViewDocument doc, QlikViewDocumentMetadataRequest request) in c:\Jws\workspace\NP-REL-17.2.0.0-BR-01-build\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikView\QVx\Resolvers\Contents\QlikViewDocumentMetadataRequestResolver.cs:line 36↵↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV11.Resolvers.Contents.BaseBaseContentRequestResolver`1.Resolve(QlikViewDocument doc, IContentRequest request, QlikViewObject qlikViewObject) in c:\Jws\workspace\NP-REL-17.2.0.0-BR-01-build\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikView\QVx\Resolvers\Contents\BaseContentRequestResolver.cs:line 96↵↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV11.Resolvers.Contents.BaseBaseContentRequestResolver`1.Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV11.Resolvers.Contents.IContentRequestResolver.Resolve(QlikViewDocument doc, IContentRequest request, QlikViewObject qlikViewObject) in c:\Jws\workspace\NP-REL-17.2.0.0-BR-01-build\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikView\QVx\Resolvers\Contents\BaseContentRequestResolver.cs:line 21