5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2017 7:44 AM by Steven Samuels Brusse RSS

    [Solved] Advanced Analytics - Trouble with installation

    Per Christian Nødtvedt

      Note: While writing this, I stumbled onto the detail that the Settings.ini file must have 4 lines and one blank line at the end. In good rubber ducking style, that was what was necessary for the R integration to work. If someone else should have trouble with the AAE, then double check all the sneaky little ini and def files. I'm leaving the rest below, for information in case someone else should have similiar issues.

       

      --

       

      I'm trying to install the install and run the Advanced Analytics Extension, and since I'm unable to create discussions or questions in that discussion area I post the question here.

       

      I've downloaded and installed the csharp.zip from the download area, and have performed the following steps.

       

      • Updated my RStudio and R to Versions 0.99.903 and 3.3.1 respectively.
      • Installed Rserve, TTR and forecast in my R user area
      • Started Rserve() on the console, which tells me the following:

                     Starting Rserve...

                           "C:\Users\pernod\DOCUME~1\R\WIN-LI~1\3.3\Rserve\libs\x64\Rserve.exe"

      • I'm running Sense Server on my laptop, which gives me a Sense Directory at "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine". The server runs as a separate user with administrator privileges.
      • I've created a Settings.ini  with the required contents in the same folder "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine". There are 4 lines in the ini file, With the last one being blank. <- This turns out to be really important.
      • I've added an Rserve.def in both "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine\Apps" and "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps". The Rserve.def Points to D:\dev\csharp\RservePlugin\QvRServe.exe, where I've unpacked the zip file.
      • I've restarted the Qlik service and installed the LoadDataFromPythonAndR.qvf via the QMC,

       

      .. and miraculously, this time it works. I think it is the extra blank line in the settings.ini.

       

      Per Christian