3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2016 10:08 AM by Chris Turner RSS

How do I query specific rows of a field to load - Qlik Sense

Ben Belasyse-Smith

Hi,

I would like to load 3 fields from a table: [Deal Name], [P&L Impact], [Trans Type] however,

I only want to pull the rows from [Deal Name] that equal any of the below from the field [Trans Type]

[Trans Type]

'Return of Capital - Debt', 'Return of Capital - Equity Private', 'Return of Capital - Equity Public', 'Return of Capital - Fund', 'Return of Capital - Equity Private', 'Return of Capital - Fund Affiliate Portion'

My pseudo example: SELECT [Deal Name] WHERE [TRANS TYPE] = ANY of the following 'Return of Capital - Debt', 'Return of Capital - Equity Private', 'Return of Capital - Equity Public', 'Return of Capital - Fund', 'Return of Capital - Equity Private', 'Return of Capital - Fund Affiliate Portion'

What I've tried so far:

Exit_Details:
      LOAD
      [Deal Name],
      [P&L Impact],
      [Trans Type] as "Trans Type_ED"
      FROM [lib://Data/xxx]
      (ooxml, embedded labels, table is [xxx ])
      WHERE MATCH([Trans Type], 'Return of Capital - Debt', 'Return of Capital - Equity Private', 'Return of Capital - Equity Public', 'Return of Capital - Fund', 'Return of Capital - Equity Private', 'Return of Capital - Fund Affiliate Portion' ) > 0;

This limits the [Trans Type] when I put it in a filter pane, however if I put [Deal Name] into a table it still pulls every deal name regardless of [Trans Type].

How do I do this in the QS LOAD script?

TIA.