Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to apply SSL Certificate

The Qlik Sense instance has been configured to use a wildcard certificate, but navigating to the QMC or HUB through HTTPS still shows a certificate error, revealing that the instance is still using the self-signed certificate from the Qlik Sense install.

qliksense_certificate.png

Followed the official Qlik Sense guide for changing the proxy certificate @

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/1.1/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/ServerUserGuide/SUG_Confi...

- Added the certificate to the Local Machine/Personal store, and confirmed the certificate is present (including the private key).

- Configured the proxy through QMC to set the thumbprint of the wildcard certificate.

- Restarted all Qlik Sense services

Even so, navigating to the Qlik Sense QMC or HUB shows the self-signed certificate is still being used for all requests over HTTP.

Server / Software:

Windows Server 2012 x64

Qlik Sense 3.0.3

Things that are potentially unique about our installation:

- Qlik Sense 2.x was previously installed, and 3.0.3 was installed over-top the existing installation

- HTTP traffic is enabled

- Deleting the self-sign certificate and then restarting the proxy services does not re-create the self-signed certificate.  Doing this killed our Qlik Sense instance (it was no longer accessible from the HTTPS URLs). Restoring the certificate brought the instance back to life (we had exported the self-signed certificate before performing these actions).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

For those wondering, the issue was with how I was importing the SSL Certificate.  Ensure that you don't mark the private key as exportable when importing the certificate.  After making this change the SSL Certificate was properly applied.

I was able to debug this by setting the Qlik Sense logging flags to verbose (through the Qlik Sense QMC) and then reviewing the logs located @ \ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Proxy\Trace\.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Hope you have set up the DNS for the Qlik sense Setup.

Meaning, if you have used the wildcard certificate *.ABC.com

then make sure you have used the DNS name for the qlik Sense Server, something like

QlikProject.ABC.com

If you still use the computer name or IP address to access the HUB and QMC then you may see that error.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

For those wondering, the issue was with how I was importing the SSL Certificate.  Ensure that you don't mark the private key as exportable when importing the certificate.  After making this change the SSL Certificate was properly applied.

I was able to debug this by setting the Qlik Sense logging flags to verbose (through the Qlik Sense QMC) and then reviewing the logs located @ \ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Proxy\Trace\.