Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fill empty field with the value from previous cell

Hello Community,

I have created a table that contains Period (Year and Month from 2010 till today).

For each period I have Project #, Project Description, Project type, Fund Type and PO # (can be multiple PO's for one project).

The From Another table I join Ending balance for each Project. As ending balance is a calculation of beginning balance and PO amount the record will be added only on date when the PO has been created (Please see image below)

Endbalance.JPG

So what I would like to do is to populate all the fields that are below the ending balance with the ending balance amount until the next populated filed.

I am trying the following code but it only populate the one next row after the balance amount

load *, if(Len(Trim(Ending_Balance)) = 0,peek(Ending_Balance),Ending_Balancet) as PREnding_Balance

resident BalanceReport2

order by POnum, ProjectID,ProjectDesc,ProjectType,FundType,Periods;

drop table BalanceReport2;

Pleas help...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

if(len(trim(Ending_Balance)), Ending_Balance, Peek('PREnding_Balance')) as PREnding_Balance

this is from Qlik help

peek(fieldname [ , row [ , tablename ] ] )

Returns the contents of the fieldname in the record specified by row in the internal table tablename. Data are fetched from the associative QlikView database.

Fieldname must be given as a string (e.g. a quoted literal).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

if(len(trim(Ending_Balance)), Ending_Balance, Peek('PREnding_Balance')) as PREnding_Balance

this is from Qlik help

peek(fieldname [ , row [ , tablename ] ] )

Returns the contents of the fieldname in the record specified by row in the internal table tablename. Data are fetched from the associative QlikView database.

Fieldname must be given as a string (e.g. a quoted literal).

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Massimo.

That works.