Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis

In a typical organization managers have employee and employee report up to managers.

I have case where an organization has managers who have employee reporting back to them but employees also report to their mentor.

Some employee may have their manger also as mentor.

I have a set analysis question where I am trying to find out whether a manger has all his employee reporting back to them as mentor or not.

I have three tables, and for my own reasons which I can not explain in words, these table columns can not be changes or these tables can not be further merged into lesser no of tables using joins etc.

MGR 1 has 3 employee emp1, emp2, emp3 where emp1 also reports to mtr7 and emp2 reports to mtr8 and emp3 reports back to mgr1.

Case 1:

I start with selecting a manger, that filters down the employees of the manger, that automatically shows employee all managers/mentor they report to.

I am trying to put a Y and N indicator in the third column of table "Unique Or Not", a Y is to be shown when emp reports to manager selected on the "Managers and Mentors In Company" and N will show up when an employee is reporting to a mentor other than manger.

My expected results for case 1 is:

Unique Or Not
"Managers And Mentors In Company" table selectionEmp1MGR1N
MGR1Emp1MTR7N
Emp2MGR1N
Emp2MTR8N
Emp3MGR1Y

Case 2:
I start with selecting a manger (MGR1) and a mentor (MTR7).
In this case emp1 who reports back to MGR1 and MTR7, should have a Y in the third table (Unique Or Not) because emp reports to same set of people as selected in "Managers and Mentors In Company".

Emp3 should say Y also as it reporting to people, though lesser than selected people in "Managers and Mentors In Company".

Emp2 should say N coz it is reporting to MTR8 which is not in selection.

This analysis is to find out whether a group of manager/mentor have all employee reporting back to them.

Unique Or Not
"Managers And Mentors In Company" table selectionEmp1MGR1Y
MGR1 & MTR7Emp1MTR7Y
Emp2MGR1N
Emp2MTR8N
Emp3MGR1Y

Hope I have explained the situation well.

0 Replies