Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
consenit
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Publisher memory usage.

Hi there.

Is there a way to know how much memory Publisher is using during task executions? I know that for QlikView Server there is a performance log located in

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Performance_<servername>.log

But I wonder if there's a similar log form Publisher.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Ernesto.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

None that I know of.

Actually, the memory usage of the Publishers (QDS service) won't be of much help, as it is rather fixed and doesn't tell you that much about peak resource usage. The QDS service contains all management features and the scheduler itself. The actual reloads are performed by so-called Reload engines or QVB.exe instances. QVB.exe is the scripting engine of QV Desktop, executed as many times as there are slots for parallel reloads.

In contrast to the QlikView Server service which is a single service with a builtin memory manager, the Publisher is composed of a single static scheduler process and a lot of reload engines. All separate processes.

Maybe you best option would be to use an external tool (like Windows Performance Monitor) and let it monitor the Distribution Service and all instances of QVB.exe.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

None that I know of.

Actually, the memory usage of the Publishers (QDS service) won't be of much help, as it is rather fixed and doesn't tell you that much about peak resource usage. The QDS service contains all management features and the scheduler itself. The actual reloads are performed by so-called Reload engines or QVB.exe instances. QVB.exe is the scripting engine of QV Desktop, executed as many times as there are slots for parallel reloads.

In contrast to the QlikView Server service which is a single service with a builtin memory manager, the Publisher is composed of a single static scheduler process and a lot of reload engines. All separate processes.

Maybe you best option would be to use an external tool (like Windows Performance Monitor) and let it monitor the Distribution Service and all instances of QVB.exe.

Best,

Peter

consenit
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards,

Ernesto.