11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2016 10:42 AM by Cassandra Baqir RSS

Dual Class Syntax

Cassandra Baqir

I am getting an error in my class buckets. What is wrong here?

=Dual(If(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID) < 60), '<60',
      If(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID) > 120), '>120',
      Replace(Class(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT),DEFECT_ID)), 60), '<= x <', '-'))),
      If(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID) < 60), 0,
      If(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID) > 120), 120,
      Class(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT),DEFECT_ID)), 60))))

• Re: Dual Class Syntax
          Sunny Talwar

What error are you getting?

Cassandra Baqir

Error in calculated dimension

Sunny Talwar

Almost feel like you probably would need another Aggr() outside, but not sure on what level (Dimension/Dimensions) are you checking this avg on?

Avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID) < 60

John Witherspoon

I agree with Sunny. It's a valid expression, but only returns a single value. I'm guessing you want this in the context of some other dimension. Something like:

=aggr(Dual(If(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, Dimension) < 60), '<60',
                    If(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, Dimension) > 120), '>120',
                    Replace(Class(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT),DEFECT_ID, Dimension)), 60), '<= x <', '-'))),
                    If(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, Dimension) < 60), 0,
                    If(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, Dimension) > 120), 120,
                    Class(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT),DEFECT_ID, Dimension)), 60)))), Dimension)

But I'm unclear why this is a dimension at all, instead of an expression, though again, you'd need the Dimension in the expression too.

I also suspect there's an easier way to do whatever you're trying to do here.

Cassandra Baqir

So this seemed to be right at first:

=aggr(Dual(If(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE) < 60), '<60',
                        If(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE) > 120), '>120',
                        Replace(Class(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT),DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE)), 60), '<= x <', '-'))),
                        If(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE) < 60), 0,
                        If(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE) > 120), 120,
                        Class(avg(Aggr(Sum(GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT),DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE)), 60)))), GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE)

But then I realized that everything is landing in the <60 bucket and they shouldn't be. Example attached.

For example,

11-9-2016 12-17-18 PM.jpg

Sunny Talwar

Does this look better?

Capture.PNG

Not sure what are you expecting to see, may be provide some context if this doesn't work

Cassandra Baqir

No, because if you select on Governance Process Queue, like Regional Clinical Informatics, you now see the avgs across 3 buckets when it should be 1 for 98 days.

11-9-2016 12-35-57 PM.jpg

Cassandra Baqir

This is the view I was trying to fix originally.

For one GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE, I would expect to see one average but in the right bucket.

Cassandra Baqir

I thought it might need a "total" but then it's still not in the right bucket.

=aggr(Dual(If(avg (Aggr (Sum( total GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE) < 60), '<60',
                                      If(avg(Aggr(Sum(total GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE) > 120), '>120',
                                      Replace(Class(avg(Aggr(Sum(total GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT),DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE)), 60), '<= x <', '-'))),
                                      If(avg(Aggr(Sum(total GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE) < 60), 0,
                                      If(avg(Aggr(Sum(total GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE) > 120), 120,
                                      Class(avg(Aggr(Sum(total GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT),DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE)), 60)))), DEFECT_ID)

11-9-2016 1-41-33 PM.jpg

Sunny Talwar

Are you 100% confident that your 98 day number is correct? Can you check if it could be 80 days for Regional Clinical Informatics

Capture.PNG

Cassandra Baqir

The logic I am trying to get to is:

Single defect = the total days in that GPQ across all occurrences;

Multiple defects = the avg of the of days in GPQ across all defects

avg(aggr(sum({$}GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE))

For example, if you look at DEFECT_ID 3004 only, the TaT should be the sum of time in one step - so for Regional Clinical Informatics that is 129 + 169 = 298.

If you look at multiple defects, say 3004 and 2967, it should be 208 (298 +117/ 2 distinct DEFECT_ID).

That being said, I think that it is working now if I use avg(aggr(sum({$}GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE_TAT), DEFECT_ID, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE)) as the expression except for the label in your attachment.