Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to add 2series in a single chart.

error loading imageHi, Greetings to all !!!

I am a total newbie in QlikView and finding it pretty complex [:(]

I have scenario which is something like this...I have a bar chart where in the X-Axis I have products, (ideally it should be some top 10-top 15 products based on some scenario). In my Y -Axis I am showing a fact value, say sales.

Now as per the scenario I need to show the sales of top 10 products for Q1 (Quarter 1 of that year) and also YTD (Year to date), so for every product there should be 2 bars showing the sales , one for Q1 and another for YTD. I am able to add one series, say Q1 to the chart but I am not able to find the option to include 2 series, (both Q1 and YTD) in the same bar chart.

Hope I have made the scenario understandable. Can anyone please guide me on this ? Tried to add the screenshot but somehow it has gone to the top of the post. 😞

Thanks in advance.

Suman

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In the chart properties-Expression, where you added Q1, add sum (Sales) for the complete period that you want to consider.

Thus, if there are two expressions, you will get two series/ bars for every entry on X axes.

If you still face problem, share some sample QV data..

Happy Thoughts

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I tried the method that you have suggested but I get a message "No Data to display" if I use that. For your information, I am doing the following steps to create my chart.

1) Click on the icon to "Create Qiuck Chart" . Selected Bar Chart there and clicked on next.

2) In the 1st dimension selected Products, second dimension selected "Q1" and in the 3rd dimension selected "YTD". Clicked on next

3) In define expressions tab I have selected "Sales", clicked on next after that selected chart type and finished.

I guess the order of the dimensions need to be changed. Can you please guide me on this ? Do you need the .qvw file also so that I can share it here.

Thanks in advance,

Suman

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Suman,

Use the attached qlikview file, I hope this would help you.

Shumail

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shumail,

Thanks for sending the file. I will check it and revert in case of issues.

Regards,

Suman