1st. question - Server or Desktop?
What icon are we talking about? is it a autogenerated link on server or desktop icon?
If you are talking about server than question is from where are you trying to open it. I am assuming that from desktop on server. It can also mean that when qlik sense was installed host name was given and it could change. Also in regards to this you might want to check whether this IP address is available in whitelist on proxy settings in QMC. If not then add it.
In regards to your error we have to identify few things:
* are you sure you want to use http instead of https? By default qlik sense uses https over port 443 so make sure ports are open and available, and if it meant to be http check whether it is setup to allow http on QMC settings
* usually url should have this format https://servername.domain/hub
* If these are a server icons they are simple shortcuts which you can edit (see picture)
more details would be helpful - screenshots
hope this helps
Is the warning connection lost?
Here's from help.qlik.com. I hope it can help you.
The address being used when accessing the Qlik Sense hub is not present in the host white list in the Qlik Sense Proxy Service.
The Connection lost error message commonly occurs in the following cases:
- The Qlik Sense hub is accessed using the IP address, for example, https://192.168.0.25/hub, instead of the host name, https://myhost/hub, or the fully qualified name (FQN), https://myhost.company.com/hub.
- The Qlik Sense hub is accessed using a different address than the one registered as the default Domain Name System (DNS) name or FQN of the machine. As an example, when using Amazon Web Services, or similar environments, the internally registered DNS name is not the same as the externally facing address.
Proposed action Do the following:
- From the QMC, open Virtual proxies.
- Select the virtual proxy and click Edit.
- In the Properties list, select Advanced.
- Locate Host white list.
- Click Add new value and add the address used to connect to the Qlik Sense hub from a client.IP address: 192.168.0.10, FQN: myqlikserver.company.com.
- Click Apply.A proxy restart message is displayed.
- Click OK.