1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 16, 2016 10:28 AM by Sean Drummond RSS

How To Use SQL Stored Procedure Results

Sean Drummond

I'm new to Qlik and I'm trying to figure out how to use the results of a SQL stored procedure in Qlik sense.

Currently I'm using the following in the Data Load Editor:

LIB CONNECT TO 'MyDataBase';

LOAD *;

SET fromdate = 2016/01/30;

SET todate = 2016/01/31;

SQL EXEC SPXXX '$(fromdate)','$(todate)';

The stored procedure takes two parameters of type varchar in SQL (I'm guessing this is regarded as a string in Qlik)

When I click the Load data button, I receive a Load Successful message

I then go to the Data Managere screen which states that the app contains no data.

I click the Load Data button in the top right hand corner of this screen which says the data load is successful

I click the option to Edit The Sheet, this is blank. I drag a Table into the screen

I click the Add Dimension button which gives me the options to add Data on the right hand side of the screen

I click the Add Column dropdown, select Dimension but there is no data to select

Can someone advise as to what I'm doing wrong and how I can see this data.

I've verified that he procedure does return results for these parameter values, there are no access issues and I can see from a trace on the database that the procedure is executing correctly.

Regards