- Report delivery is handled by NPrinting Server, so you would find anything about SMTP in the Server log files.
- For more verbosity in your log files, set them to debug mode (this won't impact performance in any significant way). Instructions here:
- I strongly recommend you download and install the newest version of NPrinting (17.2.1) which was released today. It has loads of stability and performance improvements.
Thanks for the speedy response Aran.
Will certainly look at turning on the more verbose logging and putting on the latest version.
Regarding 17.2.1, I can't see on the Downloads site documentation regarding upgrading. Is it simply a case of running each of the three .exe files in the same order as the original install to apply over the top of a 17.2.0 installation?
Looking at the list of issues that have been resolved we have experienced quite a few of them - so am looking forward to getting this installed.
Hi Steve - a few things on this topic:
- The method for turning on detailed logging in version 17.2 and later has changed. You must now remove html open and close tags at 2 specific points within the engine, webengine and scheduler config files. Prior to 17.2 you would change "INFO" level syntax to "DEBUG" syntax. See help documentation here. Troubleshooting ‒ Qlik NPrinting
- Always take a backup of the repository prior to upgrading in place as a safeguard restore point.
- Turn off all 5 NP services prior to running upgrade (Engine, Scheduler, Web Engine, Repository, RabbitMQ) and then install in same order as before (Server, Engine, Designer)
- Also, all logs have a standard delimited format and can easily be loaded into a QlikView/QlikSense app for analysis (sample QlikView doc attached). The logs are auto-archived with number suffixes as the logs grow in size so you may need to load multiple files.
Log Analysis - Example.qvw 179.8 K