1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 17, 2016 10:49 AM by Shraddha Gajare RSS

Sub stream level security rule to restrict apps in a stream

Aadil M

Hi All,

I am trying to write a security rule that can restrict certain apps to be displayed in the stream.

Scenario:

I have a stream called TEST in this stream i have two apps, 1.AppleDashboard 2. OrangeDashboard

I have created a custom property as @Products and it has two values, 1. Apple 2. Orange

I have assigned a custom property for both these dashboards as below.

AppleDashboard - has a custom property value as Apple

OrangeDashboard - has a custom property value as Orange

I have a user as testuser1 - for this user i have assigned the same customer property @Products with the value as Apple.

I have another user as testuser2 - for this user i have assigned the same customer property @Products with the value as Orange.

so when testuser1 logs in - he should see only AppleDashboard in the stream TEST

when testuser2 logs in - he should see only OrangeDashboard in the stream TEST

Both these dashboard have to be published in one stream only. I cannot publish them in different streams.

So in the stream security rule, how should i write the condition so that if one of the app is available for a user then it should display the stream and only the app that the user should access.

i have tried the below conditions and to no solution.

(user.@Products=resource.@Products))

(user.@Products=user.@Products))

Could someone please explain as to how the security rule should be written to have a sub stream level security.

sense_security_rule_custom_property.png

sense_security_rule.png

Thanks,

Aadil