4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2016 3:56 PM by Jacinto Fernandez Nogales RSS

Save expressions and their results in file qvd.

Jacinto Fernandez Nogales

Hello,

I need your help....

I describe the situation:

- Every week I have an Excel file with a list of orders, which indicate the situation of the orders of products made by the different customers.

- This file I first load it in Qlikview through the script, resulting in a model with a single table with all the commands.

- Later I create a simple table with different expressions where I calculate the orders finished that week, the orders still open, orders in clock stop, orders in activation, etc ...

I would like to save the result of all these expressions every week in a qvd file. That is, I would keep a picture of the status of all orders every week.

Any idea how I can save the result of these expressions in a qvd file and update it every week?

I await your suggestions.

Thank you very much in advance.

• Re: Save expressions and their results in file qvd.
          Gysbert Wassenaar

Right click the chart, choose export, choose "Qlikview Data File (*.qvd)" as Save as Type option, enter a name for the qvd file in the File name field and click the Save button to export the data to the qvd file. Repeat that every week.

• Re: Save expressions and their results in file qvd.
              Jacinto Fernandez Nogales

Thanks Gysbert for your answer !!

But I want a cumulative qvd file, that is, in which the values calculated by the different expressions are accumulated every week.

I suppose I should add a field that indicates at each moment to which week correspond the data calculated and added to the file qvd.

An example of the file would be:

Week    #órdenes abiertas    #órdenes en REGISTRO   #órdenes en CUALIFICACIÓN  ......... 

w40         5.008                        394                                     801

The next week the calculated data will be added to those already in the file:

Week    #órdenes abiertas    #órdenes en REGISTRO   #órdenes en CUALIFICACIÓN  ......... 

w40         5.008                        394                                     801

w41         4.956                        259                                     782

Any suggestion ??

Thank you very much for your help !!!!