Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Keep tables from updating

Hello again,

I have 3 straight tables (see picture I attached). All three of them show essentially the same stats. The 2nd table I have set to only showing when a selection under Reason Code has been made and the third table only shows when a selection under CPT code has been made.

My question is, how do I get the previous chart to not update its statistics when new selections have been made?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Each table is going to have a different expression. The first graph should have sum({$<[2nd Selection]=,[3rd Selection]=>} Amount), the second graph should have sum({$<[3rd Selection]=>} Amount).

View solution in original post

12 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can use set analysis to ignore filters. So in one table you can put sum({$<[Reason Code]=,CPT=>} Amount).

Is that what you are looking for?

Not applicable
Author

I added that as a new expression to all three of the tables to give it a try.

If I make a selection from the first chart, the 2nd one appears. When I click the 2nd, the first chart changes it's numbers to the same as the 2nd selection.

I'm looking for when the 2nd selection is made the first chart does not change its values to apply itself to the filter. When the 3rd selection is made, the 2nd chart does not change its values to apply itself to the filter.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Each table is going to have a different expression. The first graph should have sum({$<[2nd Selection]=,[3rd Selection]=>} Amount), the second graph should have sum({$<[3rd Selection]=>} Amount).

Not applicable
Author

I added those changes and it's still updating for one reason or another. I went ahead and attached my data so you could have a better look at it.

Edit: My calculated dimension was causing it to ignore that statement.

Seems that did the trick. Thanks again

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Since it's a calculated dimension, try this in the first table:

sum({$<[0CPT Code]=,[0Reason Code]=,[CPT Description]=>} [0Submit Charge])

Not applicable
Author

sum({$<[0CPT Code]& ' - ' & [CPT Description]=,[0Claim ID]=>} [0Submit Charge])

ended up being how I got it to work.

Kind of unfortunate that the % columns update anyways because it's narrowed down to one selection. Not sure what the method is around that.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

For the % in the second table use this formula.

count([0Reason Code])
/
count({$<[0CPT Code]=,[0Reason Code]=,[CPT Description]=>} TOTAL [0Reason Code])

Not applicable
Author

The percentage is still updating for selections, including the 2nd chart.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I forgot to tell you to remove the "Relative" option and format the number to be percentage.