Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView upgrade and Migration to machine

Hi All,

I was trying to migrate my QlikView server from one machine to another and below are the steps I followed after going through few discussions on community

• Stopped all the services on Old_machine(Windows 2008) having 32 bit, Qlikview SR11
  • Installed 64 bit SR12 QlikView Server on New_machine (Windows 2012)
  • Made sure that the Folder structure in both the servers is same
  • Copied QVPR folder, settings.ini,CalData.xml and config files from Old_machine to new_machine
  • Changed the server name in all the xml files under QVPR folder and config.xml files
  • Started the services on New_Machine and copied the Lef file from old to New_Machine

When I open the QMC and try to navigate through all the tabs in New_machine I am getting the below error

Error.PNG

Since my old_machien is decommissioned (without uninstalling the QlikView server on it), I will not be able to copy any other file from Old_machine to the New_machine.

Any help on this error would be appreciated. Hope I am clear on my part.

Thanks in Advance.

Laxmi

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Per the Upgrade/Migration steps listed in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView%20Server/QVSRM_Upgrade....

the below steps should be followed:

Migration to a New Machine

An alternative way is to build the new environment on new servers.

Proceed as follows to perform a migration to a new machine:

1. On the new machine, install a running, licensed version of QlikView Server.
  2. On both machines, stop all QlikView services.
  3. On the new machine, remove or rename the %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR folder.
  4. On the new machine, remove or rename the %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService\qvpr_<NewMachineName>.ini file.
  5. Copy the QVPR folder and the .ini file “as is” from the old machine to the new one (that is, keep the folder name).

All QlikView servers must have the same regional settings. Different regional setting may cause errors when loading QlikViewXML reference files.

1. Rename the .ini file (that is, change qvpr_<OldMachineName>.ini to qvpr_<NewMachineName>.ini).
  2. Change all references from <OldMachineName> to <NewMachineName> in the QVPR .xml files.
  3. Start the QlikView services on the new machine.
  4. In QMC, change the source folder path to the correct folder (or the tasks cannot be edited).
  5. Shut down the old machine.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView%20Server/QVSRM_Prerequi...

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!