6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2016 8:44 AM by Ansis Ansbergs RSS

Sense Desktop - Presentation tab

Ansis Ansbergs

Hey everyone,

First time posting a question here. I recently started using qlik sense desktop to try duplicate a project I had previously created in tableau, to determine which one of the two platforms will from now on be used by the department I work in. Now besides my struggles with the different approach to filters and my limited ability to customize them (compared to tableau) I've enjoyed qlik. But I've run into a problem - I have been trying to find a way to customize the "bubble" or marker size in a scatterplot I've made. A bunch of google searches later I've determined that this should be done through the Presentation tab, that should be located under the Appearance tab. For me however there is no such thing.

Is this a limitation of the free version or am I seriously missing something that has been moved between versions?

Kind regards

Ansis

P.S. Attached bellow is a picture of my properties window
      P.P.S. Sadly I only have two options for a posting place, so feel free to move this question to wherever it is most appropriate.

• Re: Sense Desktop - Presentation tab
          Kaushik Solanki

Hi,

It can be seen from the image which you shared, that the chart type is a combo chart and not the scatter chart.

So change the chart to scatter chart and under that chart property->presentation tab you have the option to change the bubble size.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Ansis Ansbergs

Thanks you for your timely answer!

I do have a problem with using a regular scatter plot, as it only offer to put measures on either axis. I on the other hand want a dimensional value to be on X-axis and a measure (the count of the dimension) on the Y-axis. Is this somehow achievable in the scatter chart?

Ansis

Kaushik Solanki

Hi,

I dont think do apart from scatter chart with 1 dimension and 2 measures, you can have an option to change the bubble size with standard visualization.

You may check branch.qlik.com for extensions which can help you do that.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Ansis Ansbergs

I know that this reply might not be fit for this discussion anymore, but I'm generally starting to get concerned with the capabilities of qlik sense in terms of customization and visualization. Attached below is a sample worksheet created in tableau and I am just wondering if at all and if yes then what parts of this I can hope to replicate in qlik sense.

Now I understand that me struggling is definitely related to the fact that I need to change my mindset on how data is handled when using qlik (instead of tableau), but if I can't even hope to replicate my desired results, then perhaps I am better off sticking with what I had before.

If anyone could look at the sample and give their thoughts, I'd really appreciate it.

Michael Tarallo

Hello Ansis - thanks for your questions and concerns. I would loved to learn more about what you are trying to do and I can most likely get what you need through example. In fact I will let our visualization expert plu aware of your concerns. @Patrik - would you mind reviewing the above and provide any feedback you can?

However, as a Qlik Community advocate and admin I am interested in what you stated here:

P.P.S. Sadly I only have two options for a posting place, so feel free to move this question to wherever it is most appropriate.

In order to improve the community user experience can you provide me with some examples and screen shots of what you mean when navigating or posting in the community? I want to learn how you got to posting in the Qlik DataMarket forum section, so we can address this.

Note: You can cut and past screen shots directly in the discussion. (you don't have to attach as files - this may be browser dependent, but it works for me)

Thanks

In regards to this:

I do have a problem with using a regular scatter plot, as it only offer to put measures on either axis. I on the other hand want a dimensional value to be on X-axis and a measure (the count of the dimension) on the Y-axis. Is this somehow achievable in the scatter chart?

You may want to take a look at this latest blog I just posted, it may address your issue, as it can be done nicely on a bar chart.

Now we're cooking with Class()

I will look into this more and also tag a few individuals who may be able to help - jpe - if you have a min can you take a look as well?

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Ansis Ansbergs

Hey Michael,

First of thank you for the extended reply and sorry that I haven't responded for quite a while now (became side-tracked with other work).

As for the posting place - I just checked where I am able to post by trying to create a new discussion and realized that it was possible to expand the Spaces into Sub-spaces - before I thought that grayed out names meant I had no access.

Regarding the screenshot.
                      The data I have is transaction data. The transaction is made from one account (X) to another account (Y) and there is always one accountant who has booked the transaction. However, it is possible (and often the case) that one account (X1) has transactions with a group of other accounts (Y1, Y2, Y3,..) and that multiple accountants are involved in such a group. Now out of all the accountants involved in my transactions, one is a head accountant.
                      What I need to do is visualize my transaction data so that I can see all those transaction groups (Xk->Ya;Yb;Yc..) where the head accountant is involved in at least one of those transactions.
                      I have tried using charts and pivot tables, but so far I simply have no idea how to actually get this done.

P.S. I realized that the screenshot I had posted might be considered to contain sensitive information, so i was forced to delete it.