10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2016 7:14 AM by Robert Hutchings RSS

I am having a problem refreshing my text files?

Farah Ramkisson

Hi I have text files that I replace by importing.  However when I go to Data Manager and say load data the new data is loaded but data changes are not being loaded?

Do you have any idea why that could be occurring?

• Re: I am having a problem refreshing my text files?
          Sunny Talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to show the issue?

Michael Tarallo

Hello Farah,

Let me get someone from the cloud team - kha - I have seen this before and curious if something has not been fixed yet.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Michael Tarallo

Still looking into this for you.

Robert Hutchings

Hi

I assume you are referring to uploads into My Data Files

Once a file has been created using import file (either txt, Excel etc) it can not be changed no matter what I have tried. I have even tried deleting a file and reloading but it still doesn't change. It shows a change to the last modified date but the data doesn't update.

I have previously posted about this. It applies to both the private and business cloud (or it did with the initial business testing version). It makes the 'My Data Files' section as good as useless. I wish Qlik would either fix this. Or explain why it has been done this way.

Hopefully Michael can PLEASE shine some light on this matter. I just upload Apps (and then delete and reload to update) but with business cloud I would like the option of uploading files (including QVDs) instead.

BTW the file upload does update with the files just for one App.

So open App / Menu / Add Data / Attach File / click to select a file / Replace file

does update. But it has to be done one file at a time

So for me this option is close to useless at present. I want to be able as an interim measure before automatic uploading is done to select 1 or more files and click to upload. With updates being done as required, For both My Data Files and a single App add data

Michael Tarallo

Hi Robert - I am told that they are aware of this issue and are attempting to fix. If I hear anything sooner, I'll let you know.

Regards,

Mike T

Robert Hutchings

Thanks Michael

I'm all set to go with testing cloud business with one SMB client (they are currently testing SENSE using the private edition) who wants to share 3 (maximum streams at present) similar Apps (same data) with 3 (big UK) customers (3 streams). This is more to test it all just to see how it all works. But the option of deleting 3 Apps and reloading and then sharing to a stream is too much the customer feels.

What I want to test is to create QVD files using the private edition and saves to one folder (say last weeks / 2 weeks data plus dimension QVDs). Then upload to business cloud all of these QVDs in one go (not file by file). These must automatically update. Then the Apps would automatically update based on an incremental load at the set time.

BTW I have been testing the performance of the cloud over the last week. It was so inconsistant at one time I stopped using it. It was often (a slight exaggeration but still) a 50/50 whether I could open an App or not and the speed was OK. But it has been excellent recently. A joy to use as the private edition is.

Robert Hutchings

Ive had a look at cloud business. the same situation applies. That means the only way to update an App is to delete and reload

I'm unsure what the team working on the cloud side are doing. The private edition is brilliant but cloud is not even close to the same standard. I can't imagine why they think its OK to get an App set up and linked to data files. But then its impossible to update these files. Or to update the App by upload and replace. Did they even briefly think about it from a user viewpoint?

Sarah Kohler

Hi Robert, thank you for your feedback and honesty.  The experience you are having is related to a known issue that is being treated as our top priority bug. The fix is anticipated shortly.  Uploading a new version of a file and refreshing the data is not working as expected, but soon will be. 

Ultimately the expected flow is that an app associated to a named file will refresh with the latest version of that named file (whether that file has been updated manually, or in the future, using other automated options).  Does this align with what you expect (and we simply have a short term issue) or is the workflow not as expected?

Thanks for your feedback,

Sarah Kohler

pavan nallani

Did u save the data in Txt files?