3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2010 5:32 PM by bryankoch RSS

Multibox Key and Codes

bryankoch

Hello,

I'm having some trouble figuring out how to toggle something with the multibox.

Here's the setup:

Table1:

Load Taxonomy, .... From ....

TaxonomyReference:

Load Taxonomy, [Taxonomy Category] From ....

Basically, I have two variables: Taxonomy (which is a coded entry and also a Key) and Taxonomy Category (The descriptions to taxonomy).

In the multibox, I want to have the descriptions of taxonomy showing. Typically I would use Taxonomy Category as a dimension. My problem with this is, it shows everything in the list when it only needs to show when the corresponding taxonomy code is used in table1.

Is there a way around this?

• Multibox Key and Codes
          John Witherspoon

Not sure I understood the question, but maybe this?

Table1:

TaxonomyReference:
          Where exists(Taxonomy)

Also, while not necessary, I'd personally just left join the category onto Table1 unless there are a lot of additional fields you aren't showing in the example, or Table1 is so large as to cause performance problems for the load:

Table1:

Left Join (Table1)
          Where exists(Taxonomy)

• Multibox Key and Codes
              bryankoch

Ahh, that's smart didn't think of it like that.

I guess I could join them in Qlikview. Didn't think of it that way because we pull this stuff off and into a txt file so the more columns we download the bigger the file, the longer the download takes etc. So yes, there are a lot of additional fields. I'll give it a shot for a few minutes to see if it behaves the way I was searching for.